Draft Annual Plan 2020/2021 Consultation open
Consultation on the Draft Annual Plan 2020/2021 is open from 8am Thursday 7 May – 5pm Sunday 7 June 2020.
Key consultation items include:
- To prepare for future Civil Defence Emergencies, Council will purchase shipping containers containing Civil Defence supplies to be placed at five strategic locations throughout the district. Council wants to know if communities prefer a basic option that can be customised for the community or a luxury option that is standard in each community.
- Council has researched further options for the Hokitika Wastewater Treatment Plant following confirmed cost of tendering by Westland Milk Products. Council would like the community’s opinion on the different options available.
- Fox Glacier and Franz Josef Community Associations have applied for additional funding for each community’s Township Development Fund. The money would be applied to the fund in 2020/21 and charged as a rates increase in 2021/22 on top of any ongoing increased funding. Council would like to hear from the communities if they agree with this funding.
- The Westland Sports Hub at Westland High School in Hokitika could be vested to Council and become a community asset. Payments insuring the structure would be included in the Hokitika Community Rate. Council would like to know if the community wants the structure to become a Council asset.
- Ross Community Society has asked Council to release funds from the Ross Endowment Land Fund to pay for repairs to the Ross Community Gym and Squash Courts. This is an opportunity for the community to tell Council if this is how they would like to use the funds.
Full details, including the Draft Annual Plan 2020/2021, the Consultation Document and how to submit can be found on our website.