Civil Defence Covid-19 Welfare hotline
4 June 2020
From midday Friday 5 June, the West Coast Civil Defence 0800 Household Goods and Services number will be disestablished.
Help will still be available, please reach out to local services if you need it.
From Friday 5 June, if you or someone you know needs assistance, please call one of the following options:
- For health advice – phone Healthline on 0800 611 116
- For emergency accommodation or support for food grants – phone Ministry of Social Development on 0800 559 009
- For immediate food needs please contact your local foodbank
- For temporary accommodation related to COVID-19 isolation – phone the Temporary Accommodation Service on 0508 754 163
- For foreign nationals needing support please call 03 769 9323
- For support with grief, anxiety, distress or mental wellbeing, you can call or text 1737 to talk with a trained counsellor for free, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- If you aren’t sure who to talk to, the government helpline is available – Phone them on 0800 779 997
For everything you need to know about the New Zealand response to Covid-19 visit www.covid.govt.nz