Reminder about cheque payments
19 April 2021
Residents might be aware that banks in New Zealand will soon refuse cheque payments, and our local Westpac branch in Hokitika closed at the end of March.
If you have concerns about how to make payments to Council, please contact us so that we can help you with alternative arrangements.
You can make payments to us in the following ways:
- We accept credit and debit card payments through our website.
- You can set up a direct debit to Council by completing the form and returning it to us.
- You can make eftpos and credit card payments at our customer service counter in Hokitika.
- Make a payment through your bank’s online banking system.
- Pay at any other Westpac branch in New Zealand.
Customer Service staff are happy to assist you to use our website to make a payment.
For more information about making payments, please contact Council on 0800 474 834.