How to get your waste sorted
Kerbside Waste and Recycling 2021
15 January 2021
The 2021 Kerbside Rubbish and Recycling schedule is available on our website. Keep a copy handy so that you know which bin to put out on what day.
Thank you to everyone who tries to put the right things in the right bins.
When you sort your recycling, keep the following important things in mind:
- Always clean items before putting them into recycling.
- Only plastics 1, 2, and 5 can be recycled.
- Paper and cardboard go into the recycling bin.
- Metal tins and cans (without lids) go in the recycling bin.
- Remove screw caps from bottles and containers and put them into your rubbish bin.
These things go in the rubbish:
- Nappies, sanitary waste, food waste and non-recyclable plastic. Please be respectful and keep workers safe from insanitary items.
- Lids and flat plastic or tin.
- Plastics or tins larger than 3 litres.
Take these to the transfer station:
- Glass bottles and jars can be taken to the transfer station or put into the rubbish bin.
- Car batteries and anything inflammable can be taken to the transfer station. Please do not put these into your wheelie bin.
If you have questions about recycling and waste, contact us email@example.com.