2021-2031 Long Term Plan Adopted
The Westland District Council Te Kahui o Poutini Long Term Plan 2021 – 2031 (LTP) was adopted by Councillors on 30 June 2021.
Councillors made the following decisions and amendments to the draft plan, resulting in a 13% rate increase for the 2021/2022 rating year:
- The Uniform Annual General Charge (UAGC) was lowered to 17.5% for each rateable property. The UAGC for each property in 2021/2022 is $600.11.
- The elderly housing assets were transferred to Destination Westland.
- A project to extend the Hokitika Swimming Pool to include a children’s pool, subject to staff seeking external funding was included in the final LTP.
- The Rates Remission: Adverse Possession Policy was adopted.
- After hearing from submitters how important accessible and good quality footpaths are to them, an additional $100,000 was allocated to footpath maintenance in the townships.
- Funding was included for an additional staff member in the District Assets team.
Ratepayers will see the increase in their first rates instalment, due on 31 August 2021.