Covid-19 Council Offices and Services
Following the Prime Minister’s announcement on Monday 23 March Council offices closed from 4.30pm.
Council appointed an Emergency Committee at an Emergency Council meeting at 3.00pm on Tuesday 24 March. This Committee is set up in response to the Covid-19 closures and will meet to determine matters within the authority of Council where the urgency of those matters precludes a full meeting of Council, or emergency legislation is enacted. Council cannot guarantee that a full quorum of five members will be able to attend a face-to-face meeting, as required by legislation and standing orders, during this time.
As much as possible all staff are working remotely keeping our services running.
- Waste and recycling collections will continue as normal.
- Kumara and South Westland Transfer stations operate as normal.
- Franz Josef Transfer Station will be open: Fridays 2.30 – 4.30pm and Sundays 1 .00 – 4.30pm
- Customers can still make service requests and make payments online and these will be dealt with as promptly as possible.
The following services are closed indefinitely:
- Westland District Library
- Swimming pool
- Hokitika Transfer Station
How to submit a service request